[ELDK] U-Boot version required to boot kernel 3.10 on PowerPC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 23 13:33:23 CEST 2014

Dear Peter,

please don not post HTML, and please provide sufficient context (i. e.
quote enough of the original message) so we can see what you are
actually replying to.

In message <CALh1QX5jn3quv3z_rX4g-Bh-dCaAx9b+dqqD129_uL3otJ0CJw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thank you for the prompt reply. The uboot environment looks like follows:

This is not what I asked for.  I asked you to provide the boot
arguments (i. e. the value of the "bootargs" environment variable)
when you boot linux.  OK, I can figure this out from your env
settings, but this takes much more of my time :-(

K< so it looks like if you were using "console=ttyPSC0,115200" which
looks OK to me (assuming your console is really on PSC0).

Did you check if Linux actually boots, just does not work with the
serial console?  Did you for example wait a few minutes, and then try
to ping the system, or even try to login over the network?

Did you try to disable early printk?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one  instruction  --  from  which,  by induction, one can deduce that
every program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.