[ELDK] U-Boot version required to boot kernel 3.10 on PowerPC

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 24 15:27:41 CEST 2014

Hi Peter,

[...]

>> Did you check if Linux actually boots, just does not work with the
>> serial console?  Did you for example wait a few minutes, and then try
>> to ping the system, or even try to login over the network?
>
> The system does not respond to Ping requests. It’s supposed to mount
> its RootFS over NFS and according to my logs this is also not
> happening.

Did you try the post-mortem debugging technique documented in our
DULG[1]?  Sometimes the error message is quite plain to see there...

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis
--
Obsessing about things is important, and things really do matter, but
if you can't let go of them, you'll end up crazy.