[ELDK] ELDK 5.6 Xenomai Build stops when choosing MACHINE=mpc5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 29 20:23:55 CEST 2015

Dear Axei,

In message <925f0de65db3d669d18abc8b77d2c503 at email.freenet.de> you wrote:

> i failed to build the ELDK 5.6 with Xenomai support ( MACHINE=mpc5200 bitbake core-image-minimal-xenomai )
>
> I got an Error in Task 194: git/eldk/meta-eldk/recipes-kernel/xenomai/linux-xenomai_3.14-ipipe.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

This may well be.  Actually the mpc5200 machine definition is only a
remainder of some early tests. It as never been considered as a
released version - you will note that it is, for example, not
mentioned in the documentation.

I'm sorry  - I now realize that we should have removed such old stuff,
but as usual the focus is on getting the supported configurations
working, and removal of old cruft is not really a priority.

Is there any specific reason for looking into this configuration?  I
would have expected that you use the generic-powerpc config instead?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Humanity has the  stars  in  its  future,  and  that  future  is  too
important  to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant
superstition.                                          - Isaac Asimov