[ELDK] ELDK 5.6 Xenomai Build stops when choosing MACHINE=mpc5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 31 09:57:35 CEST 2015

Dear Axel,

In message <55698458.2060502 at freenet.de> you wrote:

> That's right. I've seen it inside the sources and try to build the
> images with Kernel and U-Boot for an old TQ5200 Board.

In general, you are better of to start board specific configurations
based on plain vanilla Yocto.  Current ELDK has grown a number of
warts and extensions that were at sometime needed to support the
"generic" character of our configurations, and especially to add
generic Xenomai support.  But this makes it more difficult to adapt
for a plain board that when starting from vanilla Yocto.  [We are
going to clean this up, probably in the ELDK v5.9 release this
autumn.]

> But, do you have a quick hint why it uses the 3.14.43 sources instead of
> the 3.14.22 ones for patching?

To be honest: no.  The ELDK kernel building is somewhat of a mess; it
was derived from very early versions of Yooct, and development has
diverged since.  As mentioned, this needs to be cleaned up.

ELDK is great as a generic development environment, but when you just
want to add a new board, then it's probably still easier with plain
Yocto.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de