[ELDK] ELDK-5.4 Compiler Installation Problem for ZYNQ Board (ERROR-127)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 19 17:52:07 CEST 2016

Dear Rama,

please keep the mailing list on Cc:

In message <CA+Wf0EE1Vd=qP8jbRgMM4cctXcOgbc=nvtaSf0g7NqT5GDrNPQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Hai,
> Thank u for the good information.
> I am presently ELDK 5.4 compiler installed then i am using
> u-boot-xilinx-v2014 presently in this thing some failures are there those
> are:-
> arm-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: unrecognized option '-Wl,-O1'
> arm-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: use the --help option for usage information
> Give some suggestions any mistake i have done Thank you sir.

Well, it helps a lot if you read the documentation, especially hte
release notes and the FAQ.  This problem has been explained (and a
workaround recommended) in the FAQ [1]

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/FrequentlyAskedQuestionsAndAnswers#Compiling_U_Boot_or_Linux_fails

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The bad reputation UNIX has gotten is totally undeserved, laid on by
people who don't understand, who have not gotten in there  and  tried
anything."          -- Jim Joyce, owner of Jim Joyce's UNIX Bookstore