[tbot] [Discussion] Calling tbot from within the source directory

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 3 12:56:05 UTC 2018

Dear Stefano,

In message <c7bc0e1d-c3d5-853e-be8d-ea53d0802f09 at denx.de> you wrote:

> In fact, let's assume I have a board. I should be able to test myboard
> without change anything in the board configuration file if I test in
> another environment (lab). So I would like to have:
>
> 	tbot -b <myboard> -l <mylab> testcase
>
> or
>
> 	tbot -b <myboard> -l <company lab> testcase

I think we should think on an even bigger scale.

What I would like to see is that lab configurations, board
configurations and test cases can be made publicly available.

I mean, if you have already created a lab config for pollux, why
should I have to do this again?  And no, I would not even want to
copy it.  I'd much rather be able to use a configuration which is
"just there".

And if Heiko has a board config for the BBB, I want to use it as
well.

In the end I want to be able to run a Anatolij's test case with
Heiko's board config and your lab config.

Without copying around files.

> This allows to create a database of boards that can be reused in any
> lab. This is currently not the case because the board file should be
> aware of the lab, as it was discussed in previous thread. So I have
> something in my board file like:

Yes, this hurts.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Randal said it would be tough to do in sed. He didn't say  he  didn't
understand  sed.  Randal  understands sed quite well. Which is why he
uses Perl. :-)         - Larry Wall in <7874 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>