[tbot] How to debug acquire_linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 23 09:08:37 UTC 2018

Hallo Harald,

In message <1542962899.2564.5.camel at denx.de> you wrote:

> > The second not working case seems if the board prints some data on the
> > console after the login propt is sent. This is the case when a daemon
> > has the stdout set to the console. Also in this case, it seems that tbot
> > gets confused.
>
> Yes, this is an open issue:
>
> 	https://github.com/Rahix/tbot/issues/1
>
> I don't know how we best handle this case ... Do you have any ideas?

Hm... why does tbot not recognise the prompt even if it is embedded
in other output?  Strict anchoring to something like "^<prompt>$"
seems a bit restrictive to me...

Alternatively, one could try to trigger a reprinting of the prompt by
sending a newline (or, depending on contect, maybe a ^D) character?

I. e., if no prompot is recognized after the expected timeout,
instead of hard failing, try sending a newline and check again?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
God grant me the senility to accept the things I cannot  change,  The
frustration  to  try to change things I cannot affect, and the wisdom
to tell the difference.