[tbot] [DENX] [Knowledge sharing] Power strip IP device

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 7 08:38:43 UTC 2019

Dear Lukasz,

In message <20190207082414.BCA3F240064 at gemini.denx.de> you wrote:

> So if you need to address another area of remote controling devices
> (like remote operation of reset button or boot mode jumpers etc.)
> you can for example use a Sonoff 4CH Pro R2 mit Tasmota firmware
> which gets you 4 relays you can operate over wifi for just 14€.

I forgot to mention: if you really want to go low-cost you can also
look for devices without a case and 230V capable isolation; for
example, you can use small modules (often branded as "for Arduino")
like the "WeMos D1 Mini" which you can get for 1...3€, see [1], [2]
(At Alibaba you get prices down to $0.10 for this stuff, depending
on order volume :-) )

[1] https://www.amazon.de/wildlead-D1-Mini-esp8266-12-Stufen-nodemcu-Dev-Kit/dp/B07GYR117G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1549528398&sr=8-5&keywords=Wifi+Modul+Board+wemos
[1] https://www.amazon.de/Lanceasy-WiFi-Modul-Brett-D1-Mini-Esp8266/dp/B07N684TN2/ref=sr_1_20?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1549528494&sr=1-20&keywords=d1+mini+esp8266

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.