[tbot] Next steps

Claudius Heine ch at denx.de
Fri Jan 18 08:17:13 UTC 2019

Hi Harald,

Quoting Harald Seiler (2019-01-16 11:01:26)
> Hello!
>
> I want to ask for some input on the priorities of the following
> features.  Which of the following features/changes would you need
> the most?

My personal priorities would be something like this: (highest prio first)
 - Refactored Configuration
 - possible JTAG Debugger integration next
   I put that here since it make sense to me to tackle that together with the
   refactored configuration
 - Refactored Build-System
   Building is a feature of tbot that other tools like lava lack (AFAIK)
 - Documentation Generation
   I currently have no customer expecting that, so for me personally not that important.
 - More builtin Testcases and Examples
   buildin testcases are examples and vice versa
 - More Documentation
   For me examples are worth more than documentation, since examples
   should show best practices and documentation I can get reading the
   code myself.

 - Denx CI
   I would say that will go in parallel to all of that, since we need to
   experience the strengths and weaknesses of tbot in real world
   circumstances in order to improve it.

regards,
Claudius