[tbot] Problem with Linux boot to prompt

Harald Seiler hws at denx.de
Thu Jan 24 10:49:24 UTC 2019

Hi Lukasz,

On Thu, 2019-01-24 at 11:34 +0100, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Harald,

[...]
> From the above -vvv output, it seems like:
>
> '\x1b7\x1b[r\x1b[999;999H\x1b[6n'
> 'root at display5:~# '
>
> are received (but not displayed if -v or -vv is specified).
> It seems like tbot has logged into the system's shell.
>
> The problem in my case is that the test case hangs in this place and
> "uname -a" is not sent.
>
> May the problem be with that I'm using "dash", but tbot now only
> supports 'ash' and 'bash' ?

`dash` and `ash` are very similar, this is unlikely to be the cause.

I am pretty certain that tbot is waiting for a password prompt.  Can you
check that you have set `password = None` in your board linux config?

> > A testcase fails if it raises an Exception.  If you want to manually
> > create a failure:
> >
> > 	if "bad output" in lnx.exec0("cat", "/var/log/syslog"):
> > 	    raise Exception("Found bad output!")
>
> Ok. So no exception is -> OK , with Exception -> ERROR
>
> Just for the future consideration - other frameworks also allows other
> results for tests - like SKIP,

Skip does not really make sense in tbot's design, where other testcases
might depend on one testcase's return value.  If you want to skip, do it
like `selftest_board_linux`:

	https://github.com/Rahix/tbot/blob/master/tbot/tc/selftest/board_machine.py#L136

--
Harald