[Test] Archive test

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Jun 27 13:02:38 CEST 2012

Disregard message:

----8<- snip
Thank you for the answer! Sorry, maybe I was not clear in the frist message.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do here, but please note
> that this method to run the ELDK tool chain is almost always wrong.
> Please stick to the documetnation provided in the manula, i. e. set
> CROSS_COMPILE correctly, and then use ${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc to run the
> compiler.

>From the ELDK Manual (3.8.2, Rebuilding Target Packages):
<<<<
The $CROSS_COMPILE environment variable must be set as appropriate for
the target CPU family.
The <ELDK_root>/usr/ppc-linux/bin directory must be in PATH before the
/usr/bin directory. This is to make sure that the command gcc results
in the fact that the ELDK cross compiler is invoked, rather than the
host gcc.

That is exactly what I did:
$ cd /opt/eldk
$ . eldk_init ppc_6xx
$ export PATH=/opt/eldk/usr/ppc-linux/bin:$PATH

Saddly, a lot of packages still have no notion of cross-compilation
and do need cross compiler to be invoked as gcc for cross-building.
----8<- snip

--
Science is a way of thinking
much more than it is a body of knowledge.