[ANN] U-Boot v2020.01 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jan 7 14:28:04 CET 2020

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 07:28:35AM +0000, Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com wrote:

> On 06.01.2020 22:58, Tom Rini wrote:
>
>  > The next thing I'd like to point out is that as part of this release
>  > we've re-synced with upstream for libfdt
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> Regarding the DTC parser (/scripts/dtc/version_gen.h)
>
> #define DTC_VERSION "DTC 1.4.6-gaadd0b65"
>
> Is this compatible with the new libfdt that we have , and, are there any
> plans to update this to a newer version? (aadd0b65 is about 2 years old
> -2018/02)
>
> I tried to try out with a new DTC version but most devicetrees have new
> warnings popping out blocking travis/CI etc.

I believe that needing to fix all of the device trees was what put my
last effort to re-sync with upstream dtc on hold.  That I think in turn
was blocked by wanting to re-sync dts files with upstream Linux and that
in turn for TI am335x at least got stuck on changes to the cpsw driver
and associated bindings.  That last problem I think is either unblocked
now, or can be once I go through my queue of TI related patches to
apply.

On a related note, I also want to start a slow re-sync of the Kbuild
files as they've gone a while without a re-sync and I think just doing
a big jump looked hard, but a release or two at a time didn't seem too
bad.

--
Tom