Re-syncing U-Boot DTS with the kernel again

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Oct 23 18:05:39 CEST 2020

Hey all,

As part of moving us up again to a recent dtc snapshot (and get in sync
with the Linux kernel and get some useful bugfixes), a bunch of new dtc
warnings are showing up in our tree.  These have all been fixed in
upstream Linux I do believe, so it's a matter of doing a full or partial
resync again with Linux to resolve these.  The warnings are about
spi_bus_bridge or spi_bus_reg.  The full build logs can be seen over at:
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168091
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168092
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168093
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/jobs/168094

I've put a WIP/resync-dtc-v1.6.0-31-gcbca977ea121-v4 bring up and I'll
try and not rebase that yet again now that I'm posting it, but it's not
intended to merge as-is.  I really don't want to go back to the point
where we have tons of warnings being generated over device trees again,
so we need to have a plan to fix these.  Thanks!

--
Tom