[ANN] U-Boot v2021.01-rc1 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Thu Oct 29 15:38:18 CET 2020

Hey all,

Well.  I tagged this release on Wednesday.  I drafted this email,
uploaded everything, ran the script to update patchwork...and forgot to
send the email.  So now it's three days after the scheduled release day.
As I noted in an email yesterday, it slipped my (calender reminders
really..) mind Monday, and rather than rush it out yesterday, I said I
would do it today.  So here we are.  There's certainly a few more PRs I
expect to come in, and in general I hope custodians will look for ways
to justify including things which have been ready for a while, but
didn't get a PR out in time, rather than restricting themselves for the
next window.  So long as things are well contained of course.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2020.10..v2021.01-rc1
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

I do have my reminders setup for doing -rc releases every other Monday
from here on out and final release on January 11th, 2021.  Thanks all!

--
Tom