[IMPORTANT] gitlab relocation / rename

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 10 08:56:48 CET 2021

Dear Henning,

In message <20210308083457.76db0c20 at md1za8fc.ad001.siemens.net> you wrote:

> I do not understand why this is not just gitlab (proper) or github. I
> hope this discussion was held with the communities of the affected
> projects involved. While being disruptive i would suggest for Xenomai
> to move away from denx. For the git side of the operations. To be more
> open and welcoming to users/contributers etc.

Are you positively sure that moving to any otherhosting environment
will have any positive effect on how the Xenomai community works?

We use the very same setup for U-Boot as well, which has a _much_
bigger and _much_ more active community.  We have regular releases
every 3 months, and most releases include commits from >200
developers from >30 employers.  And the CI setup for U-Boot is in no
respect (number of supported architectures / processors / boards /
tool chains) less challenging than what you do in Xenomai, on
contrary.  Not to mention the development rate - U-Boot sees > 20
commits per day in mainline.

Sorry, but I don't buy your "more open and welcoming to users/contri-
buters" comment.  THe existing environment has proven to work fine
for a FOSS community project.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.