[ANN] U-Boot v2022.01-rc3 released

Jesse Taube mr.bossman075 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 03:35:52 CET 2021

On 11/29/21 11:28, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It's been two weeks since v2022.01-rc2, so here's -rc3.
>
> To repeat what I said with -rc2, we've enabled issue tracking on our
> gitlab instance.  You can sign up and then be able to file issues at:
> https://source.denx.de/groups/u-boot/-/issues
>
> This is intended for everyone to be able to use, both custodians for
> their own needs (you can see for example Heinrich has filed something
> for UEFI and LMB) as well as users to just report bugs so they don't
> feel like they're lost in the mailing list.
>
> As noted with the last release, the -next branch is open and I'll sync
> in -rc3 shortly.  Please feel free to get a PR ready now if you're able.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2022.01-rc2..v2022.01-rc3
> contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
> will provide better results here.
>
> So we're now looking at regular releases every other Monday, and with
> final release on January 10th, 2022.  Thanks all!

Hey tom,

Thank you for the update as always!

I have a question about a recent commit, I hope its okay to ask here.
In commit cd82f199852d88218e1f17f5ec07cdd9112a89c4
In arch/arm/lib/relocate.S:81 on my SBC it returns an invalid value.
My soc is Thumb2 but the instruction `adr r3, relocate_code`
assembles to `subw r3, pc, #3` which is not 32bit aligned. If i change
the instruction to `adr.w r3, relocate_code` it evaluates to `subw r3,
pc, #4`, which is.

There is a slight problem as it seems to work fine on my laptop using
Debian bullseye, but on my Desktop where I found this I'm running sid.
They are both gcc-10. I have yet to find a way to consistently replicate it.

What are your thoughts of this?

Thanks,
Jesse