[ANN] U-Boot v2021.10-rc5 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Sep 27 15:36:23 CEST 2021

Hey all,

It is release day and here is v2021.10-rc5.  At this point we're a week
out from the release.  I know of the series here:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=263618&state=*
to restore mtd naming of nor%d to fix a regression within "mtd" for NOR
flashes.  I think everyone is in agreement that we can go with that
series for now and I'll apply it soon.  The other issue is the default
SPI mode problem I mentioned last time with the fix being:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210914182824.139667-1-marex@denx.de/
and that being more correct than not.

If anything else needs to be in the upcoming release, please speak up.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2021.10-rc4..v2021.10-rc5
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

We should be releasing on October 4th, 2021 as expected.  Thanks all!

--
Tom