[ANN] U-Boot v2023.04 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Apr 3 22:39:40 CEST 2023

Hey all,

It's release day and so here's v2023.04. Aside from some very last
minute regression fixes (of which the regressions were not last minute),
things have been fairly quiet. I do want to ask that moving forward
people please base new changes on top of -next once -next is open. While
we won't likely have something like the bootph- tag change again soon, a
lot of new platforms and so forth that got posted will need either a
respin or a fixup by the custodian before being merged.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2023.04-rc5..v2023.04
contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
git log --merges v2023.01..v2023.04
for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
details here.

The merge window is formally open again, and I'll be merging in next
shortly. v2023.07 is scheduled for July 3rd, 2023 and the merge window
will close and -rc1 will be released on the 24th of April, and then the
next window will open with -rc2, two weeks later. And since it's a
slight change to the norm, I'm saying now that v2024.04 will be released
Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 as I refuse to make a real release on April
First. Can't make myself do it.

Thanks all!

--
Tom