[ANN] U-Boot v2023.07 released

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Tue Jul 11 09:15:56 CEST 2023

On 7/11/23 02:47, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 02:14:58PM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> It's a week after our planned release date, but, we've gotten the issues
>> that had delayed the release sorted out and understood.  I want to thank
>> everyone that's contributed to this release, not just in terms of code,
>> but documentation, testing and otherwise ensuring things go as smoothly
>> as they can.
>>
>> In terms of a changelog,
>> git log --merges v2023.07-rc6..v2023.07
>> contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
>> git log --merges v2023.04..v2023.07
>> for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
>> pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
>> details here.
>>
>> The merge window is formally open again, and I'll be merging in next
>> shortly. v2023.10 is scheduled for October 2nd, 2023 and the merge window
>> will close and -rc1 will be released on the 24th of July, and then the
>> next window will open with -rc2, two weeks later. I know this means the
>> merge window is slightly shorter than normal but with the next window
>> having been open, I think that's fine.
>
> And I forgot to update the Makefile to drop -rc6. As I've also merged
> next to master and pushed that out, re-doing the tag seems sub-optimal.
> If it's important to distribution folks I can make v2023.07.01 which
> will really _just_ be correcting the Makefile. Or I'm open to other
> suggestions.

Linus did this in past but on RC version.
https://lwn.net/Articles/848265/

I think you can rename incorrect tag first and remove origin one.

And creating new tag (with -rc6 removed from Makefile) make sense to me.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854