[U-Boot-Custodians] FYI: "url" and "pushurl" options for git

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Aug 2 18:00:21 UTC 2019

Hey all,

Given the number of pull requests I get with the SSH URI I think there
may be a few people that don't know about a few tricks you can do with
the remote section of .git/config.

The first of which is you can have both "url" and "pushurl", so for
example I have:
[remote "gitlab-ti"]
        url = https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-ti.git
	pushurl = git at gitlab.denx.de:u-boot/custodians/u-boot-ti.git
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/gitlab-ti/*

For the TI custodian tree.  The next thing is you can have more than one
pushurl.  So to keep everything up to date on the main tree itself I
have 3 pushurl lines.  One for gitlab, one for the github mirror and one
for my personal github.  A single "git push" sends to all three trees.

Hope this helps!

--
Tom