[U-Boot-Custodians] Branches other than "master" ?

Alexey Brodkin Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com
Wed Aug 28 09:13:32 UTC 2019

Hi Tom, all,

I use "next" branch occasionally to stage commits that missed
current/last merge window.

And there might be some value in having automatically merged
common "next" tree similar to linux-next. But IMHO it will only
be useful past merge-window as otherwise in U-Boot being much
smaller code-base compared to Linux patches get merged pretty
fast (kudos to Tom and other custodians) so we have then manually
merged master :)

That said I'd prefer to have a common "next" branch where I'll
be able to dump my patches and forget about sending pull-requests
right after the next release (which I often do, I mean forget to
send staged patches right after release). But that will obviously
add some work for Tom to fix conflicts on merging a lot of changes
from "next" to current "master".

-Alexey