[U-Boot-Custodians] [U-Boot-Board-Maintainers] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07-rc4 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Jun 11 11:15:38 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 04:56:24AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 6/11/19 3:31 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's release day and here is v2019.07-rc4.   At this point, I know we
> > have some regression fixes for i.MX that are coming, and I'm expecting a
> > fix to the build time failure for tinker-rk3288.
> >
> > To repeat myself about DM migration deadlines, first, let me say again,
> > that DM is not required for SPL.  This comes up enough that I want to
> > say it again here.  Next, if there is active progress on converting
> > things, we'll keep from pulling the code out.  This is why for example,
> > we haven't yet pulled out a lot of deprecated SPI code.  Some of it is
> > still in progress on being converted, so I need to update the series I
> > posted after the last -rc to remove still less drivers.
> >
> > In terms of a changelog,
> > git log --merges v2019.07-rc3..v2019.07-rc4
> > continues to improve in quality.  If you're sending me a PR, please
> > include a few lines or words in summary and I'll be sure to put it into
> > the merge commit.
>
> Do you have a list of the platforms that are currently in the danger zone ?

In what way?  Uncaught size overflow?  No, but I hope a lot of
maintainers take advantage of this new feature so we can catch this
problem and do something about the root cause.  DM migration stuff?
That doesn't cause the board to get dropped but to lose functionality.
It's too late in this cycle for the SPI conversion series now, but the
Freescale/NXP driver was updated, so it's not nearly as many boards as
it looked like before.

--
Tom