[U-Boot-Custodians] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Switching to gitlab.denx.de

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 18 13:46:56 UTC 2019

Hello everybody,

I wrote:

> as discussed before, we want to switch from the old git server to
> more powerful soft- and hardware.  We will move the U-Boot master
> repository and all custodian repositories to gitlab.
> The switch will take place as follows:
>
> 1. We will create user accounts for all custodians at gitlab.denx.de
>    You will receive an e-mail notification with your login
>    credentials. We will start with this this afternoon (CEST),
>    so if you have not received such an e-mail by tomorrow morning,
>    please let us know.
>
> 2. We will block your SSH keys on the old git server, thus
>    effectively turning the custodian repositories into read-only
>    mode.  Custodians will not be able to push any new stuff to the
>    old repositories any more.
>
>    This phase will start when all custodian repositories have been
>    created, but in no case before  12:00 p. m. (noon) CEST.  the
>    next steps will follow as quickly as possible, ideally only a few
>    minutes later.
>
> 3. The old repository will be cloned to the new gitlab server.  This
>    should not take long.  We don't expect any long interruption.
>    You wanted to have another cup of coffee anyway :-)
>
> 4. The custodian can resume work using the gitlab server, as soon as
>    he can "see" his repository there.  Tom should already be
>    prepared to pull from the gitlab repos.

All these steps have been completed by now.  All custodians should
be able to access the new repositories now, and use all teh gitlab
features that are enabled for this project (including CI runners).

The U-Boot web pages (especially the source code links and the
custodian page) have been updated to reference the new gitlab
repositories.

By now, the gitlab repos represent the official and active mainline
/ custodian repositories.

> 5. After all custodians have been moved, URL rewrite rules will be
>    activated, and the DNS will be changed, so that the old URLs
>    will still be working, though only for read-only access.
>
>    Note: this last step is the most error-prone one.  It is likely
>    that the rewrite roles are incomplete at the beginning, and/or
>    incorrect for a few special cases.  Please be patient and report
>    such errors with enough detail to reproduce, then we will fix
>    them.

This is what we will be working on now.

Thanks for your patience!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
around the Sun.