[U-Boot-Custodians] git access - move to gitlab?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 25 15:36:45 UTC 2019

Dear Tom,

In message <20190325125632.GA18421 at bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> > Do we have to migrate all repositories at once, or can we have a few
> > "early adaptors" who serve as guinea pigs?
>
> The only concern I have is can we rewrite links like
> https://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=doc/uImage.FIT/howto.txt;h=8592719685eba10f72886e04b0b1ad9f91b3c61e;hb=HEAD
> so they get redirected?  There's a lot of stuff like that floating
> around that I'd like to have still be valid.  Thanks again!

Yes, I'm aware of this.  I know that redirecting the URL for cloning
works, so you will still be able to do - say -

	git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot-ti.git

but I don't think your example will work out of the box.

But then, even if we upgrade the git server and switch from the old
gitweg to cgit (for example) this would break.

I'm not even sure we should try to invest the efforts for such a
(basically undocumented ?) API.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The faster I go, the behinder I get.                 -- Lewis Carroll