[U-Boot-Custodians] git access - move to gitlab?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 26 10:52:30 UTC 2019

Dear Tom,

In message <20190325154727.GJ18421 at bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> > Yes, I'm aware of this.  I know that redirecting the URL for cloning
> > works, so you will still be able to do - say -
> >
> > 	git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot-ti.git
> >
> > but I don't think your example will work out of the box.
> >
> > But then, even if we upgrade the git server and switch from the old
> > gitweg to cgit (for example) this would break.
> >
> > I'm not even sure we should try to invest the efforts for such a
> > (basically undocumented ?) API.
>
> We're getting out of my general area of expertise but shouldn't you be
> able to tell ngix or similar to rewrite requests for ?p=REPO;... into
> whatever the form the gitlab view is?

With sufficient effort this is most probably possible, but then -
how complete does such suppot have to be?  There are several
parameters ("p=", "a=", "f=", "h=", "hb=", "s=", "sr=", "st="...).
If we try to support all parameters with all options this becomes
more than some simple address rewriting.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an
imaginary menagerie?