[U-Boot-Custodians] SPL / TPL

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 14 07:49:34 UTC 2019

Dear Simon,

In message <CAPnjgZ1anH_NvK+WEGFfQGuQmnyGgU1GjJkHgRR91eJ7m-BTeg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Yes that's right. TPL is the first stage (as implemented) and is much
> smaller than SPL.

Size does not matter in terms of sequence, or does it?

> It also makes at least some sense:
>
> - Secondary PL loads primary (U-Boot)
> - Tertiary PL loads secondary (SPL)

Oh, and *this* makes sense to you?

The primary Boot loader (ROM boot laoder, RBL) loads the third
step (TPL), which then lodas the second step (SPL)?

You must be living in a strange reality system...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and
the determination that whether we win or lose, we  have  applied  the
best of ourselves to the task at hand.               - Vince Lombardi