[ANN] U-Boot v2020.01 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jan 6 21:58:43 CET 2020

Hey all,

It's once again release day.  While we've had a few things pop up near
the end of the cycle I think we've got things handled well enough.  In
fact, I'm going to be open to doing, if needed, a v2020.01.y, with a
fairly strict set of rules, if we have problems arise that can be safely
addressed.  I'd like to thank all of our contributors for their efforts.

The next thing I'd like to point out is that as part of this release
we've re-synced with upstream for libfdt and it's now more strict in
somme cases.  What this means for the end user is that, especially on
platforms where the DT that we use is passed in from upstream, you may
need a more up-to-date ATF binary.  I believe this is documented in the
i.MX8-based board READMEs and for Renesas platforms the patch is
currently at:
https://review.trustedfirmware.org/c/TF-A/trusted-firmware-a/+/3025
and I would like to thank Marek Vasut for digging into the details on
this at almost the literal last minute.

Another important part of this release is that we've migrated fully from
Python 2.7 to Python 3 (with 3.5 being the minimum version required).
Thanks again to everyone that put in some time and energy to digging
into our problems here and helping to fix it.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2020.01-rc5..v2020.01
or
git log --merges v2019.10..v2020.01

The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on January
27th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on April 6th, 2020.

--
Tom