[ANN] U-Boot v2021.04 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Apr 5 17:03:58 CEST 2021

Hey all,

It is release day and here is the v2021.04 release.  With this release
we are now at the first of our 2 years past a DM migration deadline.
This will be the last release for a number of boards that will be
removed shortly, so that we can be done with the migration and perform
some cleanups, etc, around that area of code.  There are more migration
deadlines for v2021.07.

Next up, I want to call out that there was some last minute reported
breakage of some specific cases around i.MX platforms and host USB.
Some of these issues are addressed by
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=237140&state=*
but that needs more testing (so please do if you can).

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2021.04-rc5..v2021.04
or
git log --merges v2021.01..v2021.04

The merge window is once again open and I plan to tag -rc1 on Monday,
April 26th, bi-weekly -rcs thereafter and final release on July 5th,
2021.

I am merging the next branch to master shortly and will send a separate
email when that is done.

--
Tom