[ANN] U-Boot v2021.07-rc4 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jun 7 16:23:21 CEST 2021

Hey all,

It's release day, and here's v2021.07-rc4.  I'm getting this out early
in the day as this is also when I'm opening the -next branch.  I'm going
to go over my queue and start putting things in there myself and hope
for PRs from various maintainers soon.

We did bring in the LTO series now, and since it's not enabled by
default, I think we'll be OK here.  It has shown however that while LTO
may have been possible for a while, it still takes a fairly recent GCC
to get everything right.  There's at least one reported problem with
9.2.x that's fixed with 10.x.

I also want to point out again that the deadline for DM_PCI, DM_USB and
DM_SPI_FLASH will be 2 years past it's "convert or remove" deadline when
v2021.07 is released, and I've posted removal series that will come in
shortly after.  DM_VIDEO also has that as a deadline but Anatolij sent a
PR that's in this release which disabled DM_VIDEO on the few remaining
unconverted boards, so that's all complete now.  And in talking with
Jagan off-list, DM_SPI_FLASH conversion looks to be complete already.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2021.07-rc3..v2021.07-rc4
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

I do have my reminders setup for doing -rc releases every other Monday
from here on out and final release on July 5th, 2021.  Thanks all!

--
Tom