[ANN] U-Boot v2021.04-rc3 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Mar 2 04:47:56 CET 2021

Hey all,

It's release day, and here's v2021.04-rc3.  There's a number of things I
want to talk about now.

First, we've migrated our SCM from "gitlab.denx.de" to "source.denx.de".
Redirections are in place and this should be the last move.  If you're
using "git.denx.de", please update.  If you're using "gitlab.denx.de".
please update.

Second, I'm opening the -next merge window today.  Going forward, the
first release that's about a month away from the final release is when
I'm going to do this, and I'll try and make sure to word that in to the
regular emails and maybe the ReleaseCycle wiki page.  This gives us
about a month of merge time, about a month of stabilization-only time,
and about a month to pick up the newer dev items that are ready,
hopefully leading to less big churn in the opening of the merge window,
etc.

Third, I've mentioned this in a few other threads, but I need to bring
it up more widely.  With v2021.04 we will have reached the point where a
number of platforms have been having a build warning saying that a
migration deadline has expired for two years (by the release time).  The
warning was printed for usually a year or more prior.  I'm going to
start removing these platforms, and I've already posted a few series to
do so (and there's been some migrations because of it).  This is also
the start of a number of release cycles where it will be the case that
something is going to be 2 years past migration deadline, and more
boards will be removed.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2021.04-rc2..v2021.04-rc3
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

I do have my reminders setup for doing -rc releases every other Monday
from here on out and final release on April 5th, 2021.  Thanks all!

--
Tom