[ANN] U-Boot v2022.04 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Apr 4 16:32:53 CEST 2022

Hey all,

It is release day and here is v2022.04.  As a general reminder, there's
still many DM migrations that need to be done and while we try and have
a non-fatal warning message printed out when building a given platform,
some things can slip through the cracks.  Checking out your boards
config file manually is probably a good idea and seeing if there's any
CONFIG_DM_xxx options that should get enabled.

Since the last time I iterated on new migration deadlines, there's now
CONFIG_TIMER is deprecated, and DM_SERIAL and DM_SCSI need to be migrated.

I've been making more progress on CONFIG migration but more help here is
always appreciated.  And related, buildman needs a little help moving
away from needing to use tools/genboards.py to make the old old old
style boards.cfg file and instead use kconfiglib directly.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2022.04-rc5..v2022.04
contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
git log --merges v2022.01..v2022.04
for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
details here.

With this, the merge window is now open and I'll be merging in the next
branch shortly.  v2022.07 is scheduled for release on Monday, July
4th 2022 and the merge window closes on April 25th.  Thanks all!

--
Tom