[ANN] U-Boot v2022.07 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jul 11 15:43:39 CEST 2022

Hey all,

It's a week after the initially scheduled release day, but the last week
was as quiet as I expected, so now we're releasing v2022.07.  At this
point, the DM_ETH migration is 2 years past the deadline, and I have
sent some off-list reminders about migration earlier in the year.  One
of my early tasks for this next release is posting some driver removal
patches as a last call for migration.

Looking at the v2022.04 release email, I've made more progress on CONFIG
migrations and others have joined in (thanks!) but there's still much to
be done, and we still need some buildman work so that genboards.py can
be fully retired.

On a somewhat related note, my goal for the next release is to migrate
our wiki content (which people had noted went missing for a bit during
this cycle) to rST and our documentation site.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2022.07-rc6..v2022.07
contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
git log --merges v2022.04..v2022.07
for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
details here.

And now the merge window continues to be open and I'll merge next in to
master shortly.  v2022.10 is scheduled for release on Monday, October
3rd 2022 and the merge window closes on July 25th.  Thanks all!

--
Tom