[ANN] U-Boot v2024.07-rc3 released

Quentin Schulz quentin.schulz at cherry.de
Tue May 21 11:53:00 CEST 2024

Hi all,

On 5/20/24 6:06 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It's release day and here is -rc3. At this point, I think we're firmly
> on "bug fix and documentation" ground moving forward for changes to
> v2024.07 and the next branch is open and ready for use and pull
> requests.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2024.07-rc2..v2024.07-rc3
> contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
> will provide better results here.
>
> I hope to remain on schedule and that means the rest of the rcs every
> other Monday, and with final release on Monday, July 1st, 2024. Thanks
> all!

Just to let you know that Rockchip PX30 support is broken since
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/commit/1d01440b3f14f6648cd672da619489f635cb209c
(at the very least on Ringneck, haven't tested on PX30 Mini-EVB yet).

U-Boot proper pre-reloc seems to be running out of memory and we cannot
reach U-Boot CLI anymore.

I hope I'll have time to look into this before v2024.07 is released but
cannot promise anything.

Cheers,
Quentin