[U-Boot-Users] Linux Kernel Config 1.2 for u-boot?

Holger Schurig h.schurig at mn-logistik.de
Tue Nov 5 08:54:52 CET 2002

Hi !

Wouldn't it be nice to port lkc-1.2 to u-boot?   I know that OpenZaurus
already uses the system and I liked it there.

Yesterday evening I downloaded lkc-1.2 and patched it a little bit so that it
workes in the u-boot tree. "make xconfig" already works. However, the real
work will be the config.in files.

When I, for example, look at include/configs/dnp1110.h then I see lot's of
defines and comments. With lkc, this would be very different. We would have a
config.in file (most probably more than one file) which defines what is
definable and also contains the code. The default-configs for the the boards
would be automatically done.

This would be a tremendous change of focus, but I guess it might be worth it.
It would give much structure.

Wolfgang, should I send you my tools/lkc-1.2 part of u-boot?

--
MN-Logistik GmbH         http://www.mn-logistik.de
Holger Schurig