[U-Boot-Users] [Fwd: [PPCBoot-users] DHCP updating environment???]

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 5 14:22:08 CET 2002

In message <3DC7C327.2CA471E at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> Again: What's the use of setting autoload to "n"?

The doc says:

autoload

if set to "no" (any string beginning with 'n'), the rarpb, bootp or
dhcp commands will just perform a configuration lookup from the BOOTP
/ DHCP server, but not try to load any image using TFTP.

> I thought it's to get the settings from a DHCP server without immediately
> else, e.g. tftp'ing an FPGA file or ppcboot (ehm sorry U-Boot) image.

Seems you think right. Ummmm... why are you asking? Any problems with
it?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ electronica 2002 in Munich, Nov 12-15, Hall A3, Booth A3.325