[U-Boot-Users] Trouble to build U-Boot under Red Hat 7.3

Jerry Van Baren vanbaren_gerald at si.com
Tue Nov 5 20:51:51 CET 2002

I don't know if it is your problem, but I had a similar problem the first
time I tried to make ppcboot in a clean directory.  Try
   touch include/config.h include/config.mk
and then do your
   make <boardconfig>
I think that fixed it for me, but I'm not sure why or maybe it was
something else that I did...

Just out of curiosity, do a
   which rm
and see what it says.  RedHat likes to create an alias for "rm" to be "rm
-i".  That is considered to be Really Bad Form in unix circles.  The
unixlore rule is: never alias a command name because it causes unexpected
grief when options that you may not have wanted mysteriously are turned on.

gvb

At 10:12 AM 11/5/2002 -0500, kchou at istor.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just download the U-Boot.
>There is one problem on the first try.
>
>rm -f include/config.h include/config.mk
>/bin/sh: -
>: unrecognized option
>make: *** [Sandpoint8245_config] Error 1
>System not configured - see README
>make: *** [all] Error 1
>ppc_82xx-size: ppcboot: No such file or directory
>
>It seems like the option is not recognized by the sh.
>
>"sh --version" shows
>
>GNU bash, version 2.05a.0(1)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>Copyright 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
>I tried to edit the mkconfig.
>To take the -e away in #!/bin/sh -e
>However, it gave another error "./mkconfig command not found"
>
>I am not familiar with shell.
>Could someone give a hint?
>
>Thanks,
>Ken

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may
be legally privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. This e-mail and its files are intended solely for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and their content
is the property of Smiths Aerospace.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the e-mail
administrator at postmaster at si.com and then delete this e-mail, its
files and any copies.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of known computer viruses.