[U-Boot-Users] RE: [PPCBoot-users] How to load Linux locally?

Joe Hamman joe.hamman at embeddedspecialties.com
Tue Nov 26 14:55:31 CET 2002

Hi Francis,

The best way to debug this is to set an internal hardware breakpoint at
address 0.  Use the terminal window command IHBD 0.  It's easier than using
the GUI.

Start the target running and let UBoot load the kernel.  When it jumps to
location 0, you'll hit the breakpoint and be able to step through the code.
The MMU is turned on very shortly (15-20 lines into the code), so you'll
need to have the visionICE II configured with the CF MMU commands or it will
get lost once translation is turned on.

Good luck,
Joe