[U-Boot-Users] __ASSEMBLY__ macro

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 3 09:42:44 CEST 2003

In message <14603.1049351850 at www62.gmx.net> you wrote:

> I just compiled the U-Boot code from the CVS and got an error. It seems
> to me setjmp.h is missing which is included in sched.c. The compiler
> can't find the setjmp() declaration.

I know. I'm working on cleaning up the code that was provided to me.
I thought it was intertesting to include even if it is nt perfect.

> While browsing through the could I found the __ASSEMBLY__ macro in some
> codes, which in- or excludes some declarationen if defined.
>
> What's about this __ASSEMBLY__ macro and how can I use it. Can anyone
> give me some explanations? Many thanks.

It allows to use #include files in assembler code by removing  things
(like   C  structure  definitions)  which  the  assembler  would  not
understand. It get's set by the Makefile (see "AFLAGS" in config.mk).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Anyone who isn't confused here doesn't really know what's going on.