[U-Boot-Users] I will be crazy, Please HELP

Zhao Hongda zhaohd at vis.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Wed Apr 9 19:35:38 CEST 2003

after two days, I still cannot boot a kernel from u-boot,
1.first I build my linux kernel by:
    make lubbock
    make oldconfig
    make dep
    make zImage
2.then I follow the README file to product uImage,
    arm-linux-objcopy -O binary -R .note -R .comment -S vmlinux linux.bin
    gzip -9 linux.bin
    mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C gzip -a 0xa0008000 -e 0xa0008000 -n
"Linux Kernel Image" -d linux.bin.gz uImage
3.then I use u-boot to load it:
    =>loadb 0xa0008000
    =>bootm 0xa0008000
    ## Booting image at a0008000 ...
    Image Name:   Linux Kernel Image
    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
    Data Size:    791662 Bytes = 773.1 kB
    Load Address: a0008000
    Entry Point:  a0008000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
    Uncompressing Kernel Image ...

    U-Boot 0.2.3 (Apr  8 2003 - 19:02:38)
    <then U-boot is self-restart seval times>

who can give me a detail sample to product a usable uImage file, and howto
load/run it.
Thanks very much, I am almost crazy now.
                                        Hongda Zhao