[U-Boot-Users] Debug from SDRAM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 9 17:18:41 CEST 2003

In message <NCBBIIOPCEBAMFLLKKBKKECOCGAA.RL at prodrive.nl> you wrote:

> I've donwloaded the ELF file with the PowerTAP pro, everything works fine.
> The ELF File directs the PowerTAP download to 0xFFFx.xxxx (Flash Memory)
>
> Is there a possibility to Compile and Link the code in a way the code can
> run from SDRAM?

Why would you want to do that? It is usually much easier to debug the
original code following the designed-in steps of  the  initialization
sequence.

It is actually not difficult to make the code to  be  startable  from
RAM,  but it requies some modifications, and you have to know exactly
what you are doing.

The fact that you have to ask if this is possible suggests  that  you
should  better try to get the original code running (from flash). [No
offence meant, just speaking from experience.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You could end up being oddly sad and full of a strange, diffuse  com-
passion  which would lead you to believe that it might be a good idea
to wipe out the whole human race and start again with amoebas.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_