[U-Boot-Users] compile u-boot

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Apr 10 22:02:01 CEST 2003

The tools subdirectory builds tools that run on your host computer that are
used for building various u-boot related images.  You need gcc on your host
to accomplish this.

It doesn't look like you have the native "development toolset" installed.  Type
   which gcc
and it will probably tell you that it cannot find gcc.  If you are running
RedHat, install the development tools RPMs.

gvb

At 03:46 PM 4/10/2003 -0400, TNghiem at oerlikon.ca wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm new to Linux and u-boot, I try to compile u-boot by doing:
>
>export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_82xx-
>make ep8260_config
>make all
>
>I got the following error:
>
>make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tnghiem/u-boot-0.2.0/examples'
>make[1]: `.depend' is up to date.
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tnghiem/u-boot-0.2.0/examples'
>make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tnghiem/u-boot-0.2.0/tools'
>gcc -Wall -pedantic -I../include -I.. -DTEXT_BASE=0xFFF00000 -DUSE_HOSTCC
>-O -c
>-o img2srec.o img2srec.c
>make[1]: gcc: Command not found
>make[1]: *** [img2srec.o] Error 127
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tnghiem/u-boot-0.2.0/tools'
>make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
>
>Could you tell me what do I miss here?
>
>Thank you
>
>Tim Nghiem

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may
be legally privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. This e-mail and its files are intended solely for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and their content
is the property of Smiths Aerospace.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the e-mail
administrator at postmaster at si.com and then delete this e-mail, its
files and any copies.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of known computer viruses.