Fw: [U-Boot-Users] AMD MirrorBit FLASH Support?

Frederic Soulier soulier at aztec-radiomedia.com
Tue Apr 22 14:01:56 CEST 2003

Hi there,

We use AMD and Fujitsu mirrorbit Flash chips on our custom board.
It works fine with U-Boot since Mirrorbit flash command operations are the
same as classical AMD parts.

However few specifications change between classical and mirrorbit flashes :

- Programming time is 100us with mirrorbit  (16 us for classical), and
because of this :
- Mirrorbit allow to write several words in one command (write buffer
programming)

 If you want full support for Mirrorbit flashes in U-Boot, you have simply
to code the write buffering feature.
I do not use this, so standard AMD/Fujitsu/ST code is working fine for me.

Frederic Soulier
OS engineer
Audemat-Aztec, Strasbourg, France