[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for SC520 - patches for cvs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 2 19:29:50 CEST 2003

Dear Brad,

in message <200308021520.h72FKIM08135 at p2.parker.boston.ma.us> you wrote:

> I'm attempting to build u-boot for the SC520, starting with the AMD eval
> board.  The code in cvs doesn't build.  With the patch below it builds.

Thanks, added.

> But, the "objdump" to srec fails... If I do the objdump to a binary file
> I get a 900mb file :-)
>
> obviously objdump is attempting to fill some gap - but how to fix this?

By fixing the bugs in the "u-boot.lds" file.

> something tells me this behavior is "new" and didn't happen with older
> objdumps...
>
> also, in case it's interesting I've been able to do a lot of debugging
> with bochs, using a modified link directive file...

Well, I have zero knowledge about the x86 stuff, but the "u-boot.lds"
file reads:

	. = 0x387c0000;		/* Where bootcode in the flash is mapped */
	. = 0x400000;		/* Ram data segment to use */

0x387c0000 - 0x400000 = 899.75 MB

I think I know why you get a 900 MG image, but I cannot give you  any
hints how to fix that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Not one hundred percent efficient, of course ... but nothing ever is.
	-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8