[U-Boot-Users] serial download via Hyperterm very slow

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Mon Aug 4 17:27:08 CEST 2003

- The hyperterm speed will somewhat depend on your image, I seem to get
around 3500cps.  If I suspend my machine with out a clean startup it gets
are 2500 consistently, fifo not reset right?...

- Teraterm for windows seems to do a bit better, it doesn't have any status
report so you have to make measurements via a watch.

- Hyperacces (the pay version of hyperterm) in the past has usually done
about 1000cps better than hyperterm for most things.  The noteworthy bit
about this one is it allows you to set the max packet sizes and delays
between xmits, .... Hyperterm doesn't seem to allow parameter tweaking.

-- C-Kermit on Linux for me does about 8800 cps, I suspect that its doing
better because we set the .kermrc to use 1000 character packets.
Hyperaccess (pay version of hyperterm) won't allow setting it about ... 97
characters or something.  They likely are compiling in a lot older version
of kermit, or working around some old and obsolete windows bug.

--- So to make it faster, I'll agree which Wolfgang, get the latest windows
compiled C-Kermit (there will be a windows binary about), and teak its
packet size up and you will probably see something around 8000cps.

Regards,

Richard W.