[U-Boot-Users] Preparing a KEV7a400 patch

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 7 14:51:42 CEST 2003

In message <20030807004716.GA20846 at buici.com> you wrote:

> --pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

> > > That's an interesting request.  There isn't really a way to separate
> > > them this way since the configuration control script is used to divide
> > > the LHA7A400 implementation of the ARM920 from the Samsung
> > > implementation.
> >
> > Please try it.
>
> My target won't compile without it.  I can separate it, but MAKEALL
> will fail.

That's what I meant when I wrote to separate things: make  your  code
work without this extension like all the other boards.

> How about the other way around.  I'll send you the configuration
> script portion.  It's very small.

I don't see what good it  does.  For  all  boards  I  tried  it  just
generates  an  empty  "configx.mk" file (well,tnot exactly empty, but
two blank lines and a comment).

> I'm attaching a patch with just the configuration patches.  I found

Please submit the next patches against more recent sources.

> another method of invoking cpp that ought to meet your expectations.

This will - for example - run these commands:

+ echo '#include "include/config.h"' |
+ ppc_8xx-gcc -E -Iinclude -dM - |
+ grep -E 'define[ \t]+CONFIG_[^ \t]*[ \t]+1$' |
+ sed -e 's/.*\(CONFIG_[^ \t]*\).*/\1=y/' |
+ sort

I remember you wanted to avoid using $(CC) -E ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
GUIs  are  virtually  useless.  Learn  tools.  They're  configurable,
scriptable, automatable, cron-able, interoperable, etc. We don't need
no brain-dead winslurping monolithic claptrap.
                               -- Tom Christiansen in 371140df at csnews