[U-Boot-Users] Using the abatron to debug an image in flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 7 17:22:23 CEST 2003

In message <9901EE1E8F8BD3119109009027A1B5F596AE42 at DIGINET2> you wrote:

> Now I have another problem, one which I hope you may have come across
> before, my debugger is failing to keep track of the updated addresses of
> static variables after relocation, which makes displaying variables kinda
> hard :)

Accessing normal static variables should be  no  problem.  It's  just
initialized  data  pointers  which  need  manual relocation. I try to
avoid this data type whenever possible, or we need to relocate it. If
you find unrelocated initialized pointers please let me know.

But accessing the variables itself should work just fine  -  if  they
are pointers, they will just contain unrelocated addresses.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I have never bought, sold, nor stolen a piece of software in my life,
and would rather quit the industry than become a thrall of $Bill,  or
even touch his slimy idiocy.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6jhtqk$qls$1 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>