[U-Boot-Users] FEC problems on mpc852

Chris Simmonds chris at 2net.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 16:13:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am having some problems getting the FEC to work, perhaps someone on
the list has seen something like it and can help me out?

The problem occurs in fec_send (in cpu/mpc8xx/fec.c): the
BD_ENET_TX_READY bit is set but never cleared, indicating that the
packet is ready to send but the hardware is not processing it. The
receive side works fine: packets are received and processed as expected.
So, I do not suspect the physical path to the outside world. Anybody any
ideas what could cause this sort of behaviour? Any known problems with
the 852T? What can I look at to find out what is going on? By the way,
this is on u-boot 0.4.4.

Best regards,
Chris Simmonds