[U-Boot-Users] standalone code

Philippe Simal philippe.simal at ba-elec.com
Thu Aug 14 16:01:54 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm running u-boot-0.3.0 on an IBM PPC440GP EBONY board . The next stage is to port u-boot to our custom designed board.
In the meanwhile I'm writing some hardware debug code that does not use any kernel.
(1)First I tried to run it as a standalone program just like the 'hello world' example. The problem is that I do not have access to the drivers used by u-boot. I only can use some system calls like mon_printf()...
So I tried to link my debug code directly to the u-boot code with an entry point just before the call main_loop() in board.c.
This works fine except that I cannot use function pointers used in my debug menu .
(2)I know this has something to do with the code relocation from flash to sdram so I tried to relocate all my pointers. Ok that didn't work.

So my questions are, (1) is it possible to make a standalone pease of software that runs in sdram with the full use of the u-boot drivers?
(2) What must I do to use my pointers whitout crashing the ppc.

Best regards,

Philippe Simal