[U-Boot-Users] examples programs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 15 12:34:06 CEST 2003

Dear Dave,

in message <8C9A566C643ED6119E8900A0C9DE297A01CE79B0 at saturn.aculab.com> you wrote:

> I have written some simple hardware test programs, again without a problem,
> using the examples/hello_world.c as a starting point. However, as they get
> more complex, i.e. more variables and larger, the program crashes, with odd
> messages coming out of mon_printf commands. It looks to me as though the
> stack is crashing.

Your application may cortrupt the stack, but otherwise I don;t  think
this is related to U-Boot's memory management.

> If I make the LOAD_ADDR in the Makefile 0x03000000, originally the default
> location 0x00040004, i.e. much higher up than the original, the test program
> works fine and returns to U-Boot without error.

Then it's clearly a problem with your own code.

> Has anybody else seen anything like this? Or can anybody tell me where the
> stack is? I have looked at the documentation, and cannot see anywhere that
> describes the memory layout when U-Boot is running.

Ummm... Did you really miss the section "Memory  Management"  in  the
README file? Strange...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Like winter snow on summer lawn, time past is time gone.