[U-Boot-Users] hang up after start_here

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 18 10:39:27 CEST 2003

In message <OFE8EA1A87.9A7B8A06-ONC1256D86.0028950A-C1256D86.002D5CE3 at se.wavetek.com> you wrote:

> I've debugged and found that the board hangs in start_here function and
> doesn't reach the early_init function.
>
> Because the problem appears on only one of my boards out of 16, I suspect
> a hardware problem, and because it occurs just after mmu initialisation
> and caches enabling, I suspect more especially sdram accesses.
>
> I want to know if anybody has encountered a similar problem and if the
> diagnostic was the same.

This is a standard problem, which can show up in many forms.  My  bet
is  that  your  SDRAM initialization sequence is incomplete / broken.
Remember that it is NOT sufficient to set up the  mmeory  controller,
you must also intialize the SDRAM chips themself.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite." - Bertrand Russell, _Sceptical_Essays_,
1928